Monday, 7 November 2011

LIIAR Anaylsis of evaluation!

In my evaluation i am going to write about the language, ideology, instituation, audience and representation.

L- In my college magazine i have a master head in the conventional place. It is the college colours and has a white background to make it stand out on the page. It is located to the top left of the page like many other magazines and it is also large so it is easy to read. i change the title off my masterhead as i was going to call it inspire but after my draft i decide that using the wyke logo would be better for my magazine. i have also used a medium close up shot of a happy student with a folder in her hands to show that she is a students. the picture is aligned in the center of the page. i have also used a picture of wyke outside on a sunny day as the background to show that wyke is a happy place. i also change my house style colours as i was going to have the house style as purple, gold and silver but after taking my photos i decided that a house style of white and blue would look more clear and clean and better instead of using dark colours. I also used tiny photos of students and course as wyke at the bottom of the page. This made it look more professional and also not too plain but not too busy aswell.

On my contents page I decided use a background photo of the wyke logo on the building to show that it is still part of wyke college, I used a simple font for my heading in purple. I kept the same house style by having a blue box aligned at middle left with the text in white with page numbers.
I also added more photo that represented the title on the contents page. I made sure that the page was too busy with text and picture.

 I- I wanted my magazine to be a professional college magazine, I first decided that I wanted it to 50p to by but when it came to produce the magazine I decided it would be better if the magazine was free. This will make people pick it up and be interested in the college. I made it stand out with the colour, I also wanted it to look excited and a place to work but also enjoy college. i kept the same effect with the little picture and also the house style. i wanted to show that wyke is nice and good place to go to.

I- I was inspired by wyke older magazine and added my own design to it , I like the use of colour and the continuous house style . the layout was professional and also simple but effective. I used the same logo as wyke as it a well know logo and title. I added my own different house style to make it seem fresh and also apply to the magazine as I chose it to be a spring issue.

Audience – my target audience is new or existing students from the ages of 16 to 20. The audience include students from other existing college wanting to transfer to my chosen college from there other college. Also I wanted to include new students coming from high school. I aimed my college at mostly the new students then existing students as there would know the information about the college where as the new students would know anything about the college so it would help them.

Representation – I represented my college with a positive way so it gave the college a good representation and get more students wanting to study at my chosen college. I also chose to represent my target audience by using existing students to show that my college is aimed at my chosen target audience. I represented my existing college students by stereotyping there look and personality to a chosen subject so new students what the course would look like if it was a student.

No comments:

Post a Comment